Saturday, May 27, 2017

Introspection sucks! -- Day 577

Introspection is not something that I'm very good at. Looking internally, while necessary for growth and maturity, is often messy and painful -- two things that I try to avoid as much as possible.  This blog has mostly been a chronicle of our external adventures, with a little bit of my own self-improvement journey mixed in. It's introspection lite -- call it a highlight reel.

Since we've been grounded, there are fewer external adventures to write about, and a lot more introspection going on. This is why the blog hasn't been updated much in the past few months. I was doing pretty well with a once-a-month posting, until the crushing weight of all that was going on in my head destroyed any desire I had to write about it. Add that to the fact that I don't think there is much audience for my own wallowing, and that explains the dearth of posts.

Coming out of the long, dark tea time of my soul, I thought I would write something, just to get back in the saddle.

The question is: What should I write about after such a long hiatus? What is going to garner the most attention and grow my audience? How can I keep my fans entertained?

The answer my friends, is that I don't care. I can't care. I can't think about you, and work on me. So I will write about whatever frivolous crap comes to mind, and if you enjoy it -- great. If not, well, there's a whole lot of other frivolous crap that you can find on the internet to entertain you.


This is a vintage throwback image circa 2010, meme created today :)

I've had a bunch of ideas over the past month and a half, but none of them seemed "worthy" of print. Now that I'm no longer concerned for the quality level of my content ("True fans will understand" ~ Brett Favre) I may just be able to scratch out some shit posts over the next week or so. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment